Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Come away with me

I am in a wildly different place.

"Wildly different?  Claremont's not even 200 miles away from San Diego."  Geographically, I am comparatively close to home, that is true.  But I think about the person I was a year ago and it's difficult to believe that it really has only been a year since I began my senior year of high school, my most difficult year for a multitude of reasons.   Over the past year and over the past several years, I have grown and listened and experienced.  I have laughed and I have cried and I have been terrified of both the past and the future.  Finally, as I begin college and as I start an entirely new chapter of my life, the previous 18 years come to a culmination and I am something that everyone deserves to be.

I am happy, and because I am happy, I'm going to write again.  Oh public introspection, I've missed you dearly.

Nothing is as wonderful as being excited for the unknown.  So, come away with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment