Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way

Hoo boy.

So I haven't written in five months.  I'm a bad blog mother.  Almost as bad as that time I forgot to feed my Neopet for 11 years.

In my defense, it does seem that there is an inverse correlation between how much I write and how much stuff happens in my life that I deem worth writing about.  When things happen to me, I'm usually too busy thinking about them or laughing about them or crying about them or just experiencing them and THUS...I never write.  It's been a long, pretty packed 5 months.

I don't know how to go about bringing everything up to speed.  I don't know if I have the patience to detail all of the different feelings and thoughts that came up.  There were a LOT.  There still are a lot, wispy remnants, like the smell of tobacco that stays in the walls weeks after someone's last cigarette.  I've already spent the time watching the smoke rise and disappear, and I have no particular desire to rehash the experience.

At this point, I feel like there's not much more that I can say, save for one nice little realization that came to me yesterday as I was burning my omelette in my crappy frying pan on the crappy stove.  My culinary skills are also crappy; I believe this may have contributed to the problem.  But despite nearly starving to death before cussing out the entire kitchen and resorting to cereal, it's pretty great being me, right now at this very point in time and space.  The past month and a half or so marks the beginning of a wonderful period of my life; for the first time in a long time, I really really am happy.  There is nothing more refreshing than being asked, "How are you?" and realizing that I can say "I'm doing wonderfully" without lying to myself.  Not to say that I've been in a state of abject misery for years on end.  But for a very long time, there was always SOMETHING that wasn't entirely right.  That something varied from day to day, week to week, year to year.  And now, it's gone.  The albatross has flown.

My jimmies remain unrustled.

It's going to be a pretty summer in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment